Monday 26 May 2008

Four Seasons Card Set




I have created these 2 cards for a sketch challenge over at Triple The Sketch.


I started by turning to sketch on its side and the going from there.

I have used the yummy BG patterned paper "Mellow - Deciduous" This would have to be one of my all time faves.

Then I grabbed 4 Making Memories "Cheeky Jigsaw" frames and inked up each one in red/orange/brown and green. I used kraft cardstock as the backing for each frame. The first 3 tree stamps are by See D's Inque Boutique - another fave of mine, and the blossom tree is by Pink Paislee - I stamped this 2 times, once onto kraft cs and cut out and then onto orange cs and then cut out flower individually.

The "winter" frame I added some white puff paint - waited for it to dry and then heated it to "puff it up". I have added some tiny alphas that I stamped out, cut out and inked each edge - boy did that get tricky - so these formed the names of the seasons - summer, autumn, winter and spring. I have used doubled sided foam tape here and there to give dimension, in paticular to the backs of the frames so they sit up.


I am really happy with these 2 cards - thinking I might sit them on the dresser in the kitchen - they are bright and cheery.


TFL.


Luv Sandie

5 comments:

Patter Cross said...

Well, I finally was able to "come in the back door" to leave you a comment on your cards! I just LOVE this set! Thank you so much for playing! And I will be announcing a winner in the next hour or so! :)

Murphy's Law said...

ooooooooooooooo these rock. good luck.

Lyn S said...

Great work Sandie :)

Anonymous said...

Sandie, you know I am a big big fan girl! love love love these! I bet they would look fab for house decor! love it!

Elizabeth said...

Lovely!! I really love the idea of the puff paint!! Clever thinking.