Monday, 31 March 2008
O.K Here are the rules:1. Link to the person that tagged you and leave a comment on their Blog.2. Post the rules on your Blog.3. Share 7 random facts about yourself on your Blog4. Tag 7 random people , linking to their Blog. Let each person know by leaving a comment on their Blog.
Gosh - this is going to be hard. 7 is my lucky number but I'm not sure about coming up with 7 facts about myself, but here goes...............
1. Ever since I was a little girl I wanted to be a mum and have kids. Didn't want a career type job - just to be a mum. I found the love of my life and best friend Sean and now am blessed with 3 beautiful kids and love being a Stay At Home Mum. Family is very important to me.
2. I freak about anyone touching my ears - its a wonder I can get a haircut.....LOL. If anyone dares to go near them I immediately start pulling away.
3. I have lost 25 kilos 2 times - once with Weight Watchers and once with my local weight loss group. Where did those kilos go? Working on losing it for the 3rd time and keeping it off. Especially now that I am a Diabetic.
4. For my 40th Birthday - next year.......arghhhhhhh.........I want to have a pie fight. I have always wanted to have a pie in the face fight. A couple of years ago on Rove (Australian night show) I remember this lady who wanted to do the same thing. Rove arranged for some pies and for this lady and her friends to join in the fun at the Channel 10 studios. What a hoot!!!!!!
5. I am a bit of a freak in that I love the real yucky jobs - like peeling off wall paper or paint..........love to shabby chic things if I can get my hands on it.
6. I also love things in their natural beauty. We might be going for a family drive and I spot something in an old paddock. It might be an old fence that is only just standing or an old barn or windmill..........I always comment on things and Sean just rolls his eyes and says "that'd be right, unless its nearly cactus or falling apart - you dont like it"........LOL. Easily pleased I reckon.
7. I love teaching our kids to "know the difference" Ever since they were little I have loved teaching them about what is happening around them, teaching them to be aware. It may be just listening to the birds as they wake up to a brand new day, or seeing a rainbow. We often go on walks and I am constantly teaching them about plants or asking them questions to get them thinking about things.
Sean and I are trying to bring our kids up like we were brought up. Our motto is "it's the simple things in life that are often the best" This is so true. Quite often the bestest times we have together have actually cost us nothing.
Well there you go - 7 facts about me you may or may not have known about me.
I now have to call on 7 new people. They are:
Thanks for reading............luv ya..............Sandie
Sunday, 30 March 2008
I have 3 published in the mag and the other 7 are on the website here - http://www.australianpapercrafts.com.au/articles/Issue%2075%20-%20Personal%20Growth/
Haven't seen the mag yet. Might have to go for a walk to the newsagents today.
(p.s. I just found another link as well...........except the link isn't working. Its under "Free Spirit" Issue 71)
Saturday, 29 March 2008
Friday, 28 March 2008
I couldn't get a shot of all 3 canvases in one shot so you will have to get the general idea that they would be displayed on a wall in a set of 3.
Firstly, dropped the car off to be converted to gas - that was at 8.20 this morning, then Sean's mum - Marita dropped me off at the station to catch the 8.40 train - just made it. Phew!!!!!
Got into Caulfield Station about 9.25 something like that - five minute walk to the Caulfield Racecourse and in I walked.
First stand was one of my absolute faves - ArtStamps, of course did some damage there didn't I............but not as bad as the lady in front of me $303.30 later - no flinching, just handed over the credit card, signed her life away and walked off happy. Wowza!!!!!! That was only her first stand............gee bet she had a great day!!!!! LOL. Good old credit cards.........
There were 27 stalls in all which is somewhat down on the first Melbourne Paperific I ever went to having 45 stalls. But you know the stalls represted there were fab.
An amazing lot of work goes into setting up these stalls. There were some stunning works of art displayed today.
I checked out my work that I prepared for the stalls and was proud to see them displayed there.
Stopped to have lunch with Lyn which was nice. We had "show and tell" and sat and chatted about lots of things and then we got stuck back into it again. I said to Lyn that we should complete a "make & take" at one of the stalls. So we rocked up to Karen's Scrappin Kupboard and completed a key chain thingy. We got to chose a piece of chipboard, we then applied on the new TimHoltz crackle mediums - very thicky, goopy stuff and in such a little bottle at $7.50 - dont know whether I'd bother - I just love my good old fashioned clear crackle medium that you can add to anything and everything. Just feel that you would probably only cover a couple of items with this particular sized bottle and you would be having to buy more.......just my opinion anyway. (I shall take a photo of my tag in better light tomorrow).
We then went to HandPrint Stamps and did another make and take - I was all over the place at this "make & take" they have their own brand of what I know as "opals". So we got to with a piece of jigsaw chipboard shape and covered it with versmark, dipped it in the opal stuff and then put the heat gun to it..............I didn't have an even coverage and had to keep adding another layer..........anyway, let's just say that Lyn's worked out a treat, and mine - well I wont be taking a photo of it that's for sure...........but I did learn something............"what NOT to do"..................LOL. Had fun anyway.
Back around for a final lap of the stalls and then thought it was time to go home.
Managed to buy some nice new goodies to play with - mostly stamps. If I'm game enough I may just share a photo of my stash - I shall take a photo tomorrow.
Hope you have all had great days.
Tuesday, 25 March 2008
Looking forward to it.
For this week's challenge I would like to see some "Bling"............so go to town and show me some bling.
Dont forget to drop me a comment and a link to your lovely creation.
Thanks for joining in.
Monday, 24 March 2008
I have just used an old cardboard box, ripped it up a bit. I also cut a hand drew a flower and cut it from the same cardboard box.
Then I simply got to and started doodling away. Its very relaxing to just let the pen flow...........you really just make it up as you go along. I have used black/white/blue/greeen/red and orange markers. A little bit of ink for the edges of the card and some green twine.
Thanks for looking.
Sunday, 23 March 2008
Tuesday, 18 March 2008
I have lost a total of 5.2kilos since Christmas now and I'm feeling great. I probably have another 10 to 15 kilos to go but I'm just so pumped to reach my first 5 kilos. Slowly but surely.
The kids were pumped and have made me promise to wait til Easter to share as they have given up chocolate for lent..............might be able to manage to wait that long.
I shall post a pic to this thread in the morning when there's better light.
Hope it is nice where you are.
Saturday, 15 March 2008
Thursday, 13 March 2008
Wednesday, 12 March 2008
Tuesday, 11 March 2008
Now I've copied these details from Jen's Blog simply because I am too lazy to retype it so here it is.
"The rules for the You Make My Day award are to re-present it to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel happy about blog land. Let them know through email or by posting a comment on their blog so they can pass it on. Beware you may get the award several times, and if you do, consider yourself really, really loved."
Now my 10 people would be - Jen (of course), Fleur, Pretzy, Wirg, Renee, KaylaRenee, Lavs, Tash, Kim, Julie.