Wednesday 13 May 2009

Happy 4th Birthday Little Scrapbook Shop



Over the weekend the Little Scrapbook Shop celebrated its 4th Birthday. I joined in some of the fun and created a card for the Sketch Challenge and I also managed a layout.

I created the card using the gorgeous We R Memory Keepers "White Out - Nonsense" pp range - which I just love and hate cutting into. But I can tell you I did some serious cutting out for this card. I was really pleased with it - I'm thinking I may just sit this card on my desk - a gift to me..........LOL!!!! I also added touches of kindy glitz to give is some pizazz and doodled a border using a brown marker and coloured it in with colouring pencils. There's nothing i love more than doing a follow up card using a great sketch. So I completed another card using one of my Handmade Daisies and also some Heidi Grace Rubons - I don't normally use rubons but when I saw these in Spotlight - I simply had to have them. Glad I used them - they are so soft and feminie.
The layout challenge called for 6 photos - now I'm not one for mulitple photos so I came up with idea of enlarging the photo and then cutting it into 6 photos - pretty clever I thought at the time..........LOL!!!! I kept this layout VERY simple - in fact it's probably the most simple layout I've ever done. I believe the photo says it all on its own and wanted to leave it that way.

Thanks for looking.

Luv Sandie

2 comments:

scrapbook CAPITAL said...

I love that 'love' card, just so refreshing and elegant... just too nice me thinks ;)

Tara said...

Oh sandie, I love the cards!