Wednesday 25 June 2008

Altered frame




Here is an altered frame. I have had this one for yonks - I picked it up at an op-shop for a couple of dollars. I discovered its actually metal - I originally thought it was plastic.........nice discovery. I almost didn't want to use it but I'm sure glad I did.


I have used Pink Paislee patterned papers and clear stamps again for this project as an entry for the Pink Paislee Contest at CMK.


While I was rummaging through my stash I also found a piece of rubber that I picked up at a recylced centre a few years ago. It has a sticky back to it................I got to thinking..........."hey I wonder if I could use this for a "mirror" image stamp". So I cut a piece of it and mounted it onto an acrylic block, inked up the little birdie stamp using brown ink and then stamped it directly onto the rubber, I then breathed hot air on it (very technical terminology.....LOL) and then stamped that image onto a piece of teal card stock - tadahhhhhhhhh...........I did it. I created a mirror image of the stamp. I have a feeling I'm gunna luv this technique. I have always wanted a mirror image stamp but they are always too expensive. So now with a bit of thinking and a bit of rubber - I have the answer. Cool as.


So here is the creation.


Thanks for dropping by.


Luv Sandie


3 comments:

Renee Lamb said...

wow wow wow - you are such a talent my friend. Really - holy cow you never fail to amaze me. what an awesome idea to use rubber for the mirror image effect. and this altered frame is over the top. well done and love all the inspiration from this!

Renee Lamb said...

oh poo - forgot to mention that I tagged you. check out my blog for the details - luv ya loads! :D

Wirginia said...

Gotta love the way we can recycle stuff hey Sandie! Danged if I can see your image though. Maybe my browser needs and 'update', I'll have a look again later but hey what you've got on here so far this week is tops.

hugs
Wirgie x x