Thursday 23 August 2007

Just an update............

Well its been a few days since I last popped in to say gidday. So while I have a spare minute I shall just update you on a few things.

I started painting on Monday. Mizuki's mum will be sleeping in our back room which was in desperate need of a paint. I thought I may be able to sugar soap and wipe down and all would be well, but no. So I decided to paint didn't I? Hmmmmmm.................HUGE job but I can proudly say I did it all by myself. The I thought I may as well paint the bathroom door, mirror surrounds, window and vanity unit. Boy..............but wait there's more!!!!!!! Then I thought I'd paint the back toilet. As we live in an old home - over 60 years old, a lot of things need re-doing. Mind you I reckon a lot of the paint work is original. All the other owners of this home didn't bother to do too much at all, including the carpet which we replaced nearly 3 years ago - it was original carpet and thread bare everywhere.........look I could go on and on but I wont.
All is well - I can now stand back and check out my handywork. I tell ya what I reckon I have built up some muscle in my arms and legs.
Oh nearly forgot - I only have the skirting board and small cabinet in the toilet to do then I am done.............that will be tomorrow's job I reckon - bit pooped today.

Kids had Book Week this week and today was dress up in your favourite book character.
Emily went as a clown - looked more like a drunk clown but she was happy. Tammy went as a Japanese girl (cant remember the name of the book) wearing her new Kimono that Mizuki gave her and Mr Josh - he went as is hero Captain Underpants...........he looked funny.
I have some photos on the camera. As soon as I get time I will pop them on my blog.

Well girlies..............I hope all is well in your part of the world.

Take care...................luv ya big heaps Sandie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have been very busy !! Can you come and finish painting my house?

Can't wait to see pics of the kids :)