Saturday 21 February 2009

Would you like to help??????????????

This is a photo of a gorgeous Koala who survived the terror of the Victorian fires. A fire fighter stopped to give her - SAM - some water - she ended up drinking 3 bottles of water. How sweet!!!!

MY FRIEND LYN EXPLAINED HOW TO ADD THIS POST SO IT APPEARS AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE ALL THE TIME - THANKS LYN!!!! PLEASE DONT FORGET TO KEEP SCROLLING DOWN THE PAGE AS I WILL BE ADDING NEW POSTS - ITS JUST THAT THIS ONE WILL ALWAYS BE AT THE TOP. TA!!!!

I have just had a phone call from my sister and I've gotta say I'm a bit excited!!!!.

A local craft group in her town is running a Card Drive for the Fire Victims.
I am going to run one too. Would you like to join in?????

All you need to do is make some cards or if you have any in your stash made up already. Then you can either pop $5.00 in the card yourself or maybe friends and family would like to give you the $5.00. (The idea would be for the victims to buy something just for themselves)

PLEASE MAKE CARDS BRIGHT AND CHEERY. I THINK SENTIMENTS SHOULD BE SOMETHING LIKE "THINKING OF YOU" THAT TYPE OF THING.
ON THE INSIDE OF THE CARD JUST WRITE WORDS OF SUPPORT AND COMFORT - NOTHING TOO DEEP or RELIGIOUS AS CARDS WILL BE GOING TO ALL WALKS OF LIFE. ALSO KEEP IN MIND TO MAKE SOME CARDS FOR THE KIDDIES - THEY WOULD LOVE TO SEE A BRIGHT CARD TOO.
(PLACE CARDS/MONEY IN ENVELOPES BUT PLEASE DO NOT SEAL THEM IN CASE THE AUTHORITIES WOULD LIKE TO INSPECT THEM!!!!!!!)
I will then organize for these cards to be sent to the fire victims. I will not be sending them through the post - I will arrange for them to be delivered to them so they get to the right people.
If you would like to join in please send all cards to me. You can contact me via email for my postal address. (Just click on my Profile at the side bar to find the email link -ta)
When you are ready to post please just drop me a line to let me know so I can keep an eye on the postie. Ta

Thanks for your support.

Luv Sandie

(P.S. I am getting some fantastic feedback and have cards being made all over the state and interstate. Thank you for your support!!!!!!!! I will accept cards up til say next Thursday the 26th February and will hopefully deliver them on Friday 27th)

25 comments:

Kellie said...

Yes i am very interested. I can't seem to find your email, unless I am just missing it. Mine is kelliewinnell@yahoo.com.au if you could let me know details :)

Sandie said...

Thanks Kellie, just sent you an email.

Ta.

luv Sandie

Debbie Pamment said...

Kellie W just sent me your link - count me in too!!! I'll post this on my blog too if that's OK - the more the merrier!

scrapbook CAPITAL said...

lovely idea Sandie, i will post this on the website if you dont mind, hopefully we can get a few more ;)

Sandie said...

Absolutely girlies. The more the merrier.

Once you have your cards let me know and I can send address.

I am aiming for next week - don't want to leave it too long.

Thanks for your support.

Luv Sandie

Tanstar said...

Hey Sandie
I too am interested in making some yummy bright cards... my e is tanyasoutar@gmail.com

thanks for the great idea - cheers Tan - greensborough

Sandie said...

Gidday Tan, just sent you an email.
Thanks for joining in.

Luv Sandie

Marg said...

Hi Sandie
Please send me an email too !!!! Would love to do what I can......
luv marg x

Sandie said...

Sure can Marg - have now sent you an email.

Luv Sandie

Janet O'Brien said...

Hi Sandie

I found your blog via Scrapbook Capital and I think it is great that you
are organising a card drive. I would love to participate so if you
could email me your address so I can post them out to you, I will work
on some this weekend and send them to you Monday.

Just a quick question(s) do we put our name on the inside to say who it
is from and when sealing it in an envelope do we just write on the
outside who the card suits ie. boy, girl etc?

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.
Here is my email address
janetobrien72@optusnet.com.au

Janet O'Brien

Sandie said...

Good on ya Janet.

Thanks so much.

I have sent you an email and I will add some more detail to the blog post to answer some of your questions too in case someone else has the same questions.

Cool.

Luv Sandie

Robyn said...

Hi Sandie- I sent you an email but have not heard back- perhaps I got the wrong address. I have a card for you and have also posted a link to here on my blog ! I also advertised on Split Coast and have one card so far coming from America and some from Canberra area. Could you send me your address please so I can post them on to you !

Sandie said...

Have just sent you an email thanks Robyn.

Luv Sandie

scrapbook CAPITAL said...

Sandie, I have 5 cards here ready to go. Hopefully i can collect a few more for you. We have left the inside blank and filled it with cash. Hope thats ok!!! Thanks to Sharon, Lynne and Michele too....

Sandie said...

Great job thanks heaps Lorrie and girlies.

Just let me know when you are ready and I can pop by to pick them up.
We can leave it til Thursday if you like to see if we get some extras.

Great work.

Luv Sandie

Kellie said...

I am hoping to have mine sent off tomorrow morning. I have 6 kids cards, 3 girls and 3 boys. xx

Sandie said...

Oh Kellie, this is amazing.

I am really excited at the community spirit girlies. Thanks so much for your support.

I cannot wait to deliver them to Melbourne.

Shall keep you all updated as they arrive.

Thanks.
Luv Sandie

Debbie Pamment said...

Have just sent you an email - sent 14 off yesterday that I made and will be posting another 10 tomorrow from one of my customers!
You're doing a great job Sandie - many thanx!

Sandie said...

Wonderful news Debbie. It's thanks to you and your friends that this is all coming together.

Luv ya.

Sandie

(P.S. got your email - ta!!)

Tanstar said...

Hi Sandie
can you please send your address asap I want to get my cards in the post. thanks for such a great initiative!

cheers Tanya

Sandie said...

Great news Tanya. Just sent you an email matie.

Luv Sandie

Sandie said...

Gosh I had lots of happy mail this morning and NO bills. Yay!!!

Received cards from

Marg
Janet
Petrina
Debbie

Thanks so much girlies there are going to be some happy faces on the vitims

Luv Sandie

Rose-Anne said...

I think this is a wonderful idea. I have already made pages for Layouts and I will send you a card during the week. Could you give me your addy please.Will it get from Sdney in time if i post it tomorrow?
e-mail
roseannemon@yahoo.com

Sandie said...

Cool bananas thanks Rose-Anne. Have sent you an email. Ta.

I am accepting cards up til this Thursday - 26th Feb.

Luv Sandie

Sandie said...

Received some gorgeous cards in the mail yeterday girlies.

Thanks to Kellie, Tanya, Lorrie and Rose-Anne.

Thanks heaps.

Luv Sandie