Saturday 14 February 2009

Funny little story


I have a funny little story to tell you.

A couple of weeks ago I was heading out to the mail box to see if I had any mail.


While I was walking by I noticed a little bird - sparrow, he had jumped up onto our outside furniture out the front of our house. It is perishing a little in the weather and the stuffing is coming out of it. Anyway, the look on his face was priceless - he had a quick peck at the filling, gave a sideways glance and then flew off with this stuffing. I had to laugh - the cheeky little punk.

Now that would make a nice, soft, warm nest. LOL!!!!!
So I was hanging out washing this week and what flies by on the lawn? - the said nest. It was hilarious. At first I thought it was just a ball of fluff and then on closer inspection noticed it was a nest made from the stuffing. The bird obviously paid a few visits to the said couch to get the stuffing. LOL!!!!

I have always been fascinated with how birds make their nests - maybe that is why I have so many bird stamps. I have always loved birds too since I was a little girl.


Speaking of little girls - when I was old enough to know how to whistle - I would wake up before the birds and whistle away and drive everyone in the household mad...............LOL.

I had to take a photo of the nest for you as seeing is believing.


Luv Sandie

No comments: