Monday 31 January 2011

New Year - New Challenge

Ok we're off and running.

For each month of 2011 I am going to set a new challenge. The idea is to use up goodies in your own stash - of course you may splurge now and again and buy something but there is no pressure to do so.

For the month of January the challenge will be -



RUBONS




All you need to do is create a card, layout, OTP - whatever you like, and as many creations as you like.
(My sample card using some rubons that I've had in my stash for a few years now.)

Use up all of those rubons that are just sitting in your stash - crying out to you "use me, please!!!!!"

If you also add items starting with the letter "r", you will get an added bonus entry into the draw. So you might create a card or layout using "ribbon" or "ricrac". Cool - you'll get a bonus entry. Too easy I reckon.

At the end of each month - all entries will be placed in the hat and you will win a little something - in this case you will win some rubons to add to your stash.

So - your time starts......................NOW!!!!!!!!

WHEN YOU ARE DONE, POP BACK IN TO THIS POST AND LEAVE A COMMENT AND A LINK TO YOUR CREATION, DON'T FORGET IF YOU CREATE MORE THAN ONE - LET US KNOW SO WE CAN GO AND HAVE A LITTLE LOOKIE AT YOUR PLACE.

Entries


1. Deb's card

2. Vicki's card

3. Lisa's layout

4. Vicky F - ATC/envelope

5. Shandell's card

Happy creating everyone - enjoy!!!!!


Luv Sandie


(P.S. Don't forget if you'd like regular updates of my blog to sign up under Email or become a follower. I'd love for you to join in)

18 comments:

DebiJ said...

Sounds great Sandie...I think I might be Queen of the Unused Rubons...I just might try something a bit fancy here...let's see!

Lyn S said...

Hi Sandie! Happy New Year! This looks like a great challenge idea, I'll do my best to join in.

I did make a late start on your Christmas challenge, but only got the 1st one done and only just posted it now on my blog now....oh well, it's the thought that counts!

It's here is you want a peek, just scroll down to the 2nd card http://artyaspirations.blogspot.com/2011/01/birds-and-baubles.html

Sandie said...

Hi Lyn, thanks for popping in.

Love both of your cards actually.

Thanks for letting me know.

Hope you are ok.

Luv Sandie

Sandy Ang said...

OK. going to look through my rub-on stash now.

Sandy Ang said...

OK. going to look through my rub-on stash now.

Kylie said...

Hey Sandie...just used one of your cute lil daisies on a lo. what a lovely SS gift :0) xx
http://sweetlifekyliej.blogspot.com/2011/01/suys.html

Sandie said...

Wow Kylie, this looks fantastic.

Thanks for sharing with me. I love to see what people are doing with my daisies.

Luv Sandie

Wirg's Creative World said...

ROFL Sandie, we are on the same wave length me thinks. I've decided I will keep my blog going with the Art Journal I've started. One of the things I've been using this week has been Rub ons! One of my art journal pages has labels from packets I've been using up. How amazing is it that I've just come to visit you and read what you are doing.
love and hugs always
Wirge. x x x

Vicki Fraser said...

Hi Sandie,
I was a bit short on rub ons this month as you'll see by my blogpost, but decided to enter anyway - turned out nice I thought and wanted to share. I'm at http://cardartart.blogspot.com/2011/01/rubbing-it-on-for-sandie.html
All the best, Vicki

Sandie said...

Fantastic Vicki- its great.
Thanks so much for joining in.

Your name goes in the draw. Good luck.

Luv Sandie

milkcan said...

I definitely don't use as many rub-ons as I ought to! Excellent challenge!

And I'm delighted that you're participating in Art Journal Every Day!

DebiJ said...

I love Vicky's card...it is wonderful. My fave pp too!

Lisa K said...

HI Sandie - I have just done your challenge- such a good idea to make me check my rubons...I also used ribbon and ruffled flowers - check my blog!

Sandie said...

Just beautiful Lisa. Well done and thanks for joining in.

You have a couple of entries into the draw.

Luv Sandie

Vicky said...

Finally, here's mine :)
HERE

Sandie said...

Very cute Vicky. Love your ATC and envelope -very clever!!!
Thanks for joining in - you now have a couple of entries into the draw.
Excellent.

Luv Sandie

Shandell said...

Hi Sandie

I made a card for this month's challenge :)

http://littlemissscrappy.blogspot.com/2011/01/challenges.html

From
Shandell

Sandie said...

Beautiful card Shandell.

Thanks so much for joining in. You go into the draw.

Good luck.

Luv Sandie