Monday 31 August 2009

So You Think You Can Scrap? Round 1

Lorrie from Scrapbook Capital is running a competition “So You Think You Can Scrap?” Our first challenge was to use fabric/material and to add some stitching.

I have chosen a patterned paper by Paper Loft “Field Of Daisies – Well Worn” I added some Aida Cloth (used in Cross-Stitching) to the back of the photo and created a ruffle from some green fabric. I sewed on some vintage buttons and added some rulers for the stems.

I have also used my new Handmade Daisies colours – Caramel and White as well as the Red. To each centre I sewed a Suffolk Puff and added it with a button to each flower.

I hand drew the clouds onto a sheet of cork and cut them out and then added a stitched border using a brown marker.

The title was created using some adhesive alphas by Bella. Just the thing I needed – I have had these in my stash for some time now.

The journalling was done using a dymo label.

Thanks for popping in for a sticky beak.

Luv Sandie

soyouthinkyoucanscrap1 soyouthinkyoucanscrap1a
soyouthinkyoucanscrap1b

4 comments:

Alicia said...

What an amazing LO!!! I love it! Hope you get through to the end of the competition.

xx Leish

Sandie said...

Thanks Alicia, so do I!!!!!
LOL!!!!!

Thanks for popping in.

Luv Sandie

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandie... this is such a lovely page.. very beautiful...

Take Care.. Tracy

Sandie said...

Thanks Tracy.

And its official - I'm into the next round. Yay.

The next challenge is to use 5 different fonts.

Luv Sandie