Tuesday 5 February 2008

I had the bestest day..............

Today I decided to go into the city. It was about 9.30 this morning and I thought - that's it............I'm going on the train. I knew Sean was going to be home to pick up the kids so off I went.

My first stop was at Malvern. I jumped off the train and headed up Glenferrie Road up one side and down the other. I picked up a bargain or two.

The best part of the day was when I came across some gorgeous fresh raspberries.

I have been craving raspberries since I discovered I have Diabetes - especially as I can't have half of the sweet things I used to crave. Anyway, the prices of raspberries are around $7 a punnet. Now I like them but not enough to pay that much.
So I was walking along heading back toward the Malvern train station when I stumbled across a nice little green grocer. There they were calling me $4.95 a punnet. You little rippa.
So I bought myself the punnet and continued on my way back to the station chomping on the raspberries and juice squirting everywhere. They were glorious. Oh so yummy.

I then jumped back on the train and headed into the city. I walked around for a while and then stopped and people watched while I ate my lunch. I love to watch the world go by - especially while eating a yummy sandwhich and a great latte.

Back into some more shopping and then I jumped on the 3ish train to come home.

Just what I needed to do. The little old feet are a little tender but I had the bestest time.

Luv Sandie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a perfect day sandie